Our team, Enterprise Architecture, works in a complex environment that places high demands on our architects; we value ownership, imagination, courage to take risks, and the ability to navigate through ambiguity. The Principal Enterprise Architect (Governance and Process Focus) provides strategic direction, leadership, and vision to define and implement Enterprise Architecture Governance and Process.Essential Responsibilities:
- Define strategy, technical capabilities, and architecture for application platforms to support both enterprise as well as commercial development teams; while employing industry standards to provide a secure, innovative, and cost-effective environment to solve some of the most demanding technical challenges
- Work with key constituents from the business and technical domains to include developers, architects, product managers, as well as executive leaders to establish a shared vision, from strategy to implementation of advanced cloud application platforms
- Effectively monitor and control costs in the organization, through architectural guidance
- Lead and coordinate technical domain discussions relative to current and future cloud platforms, for both enterprise and commercial solutions. Defines technical capabilities required to realize business capabilities across multiple business domains, defines architecture for those technical capabilities, and a road map for implementation.
- Participate in the Enterprise Architecture governance model, its definition and effective execution within the Project Management and Enterprise Architecture Organizations.
- Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, as well as industry and market trends to assist in product development and/or operational support activities for multiple teams or complex scenarios
- Provide guidance to solution architects as they work tactical engagements and take the role of solution architect for highly complex engagements, that require new platform capabilities to be defined
- Provide leadership, technology guidance and mentors others within their technical domain
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent training/experience
- 8+ years of enterprise architecture experience in large organizations.
- 3+ years of defining/implementing enterprise architecture governance and process experience.
- 2+ years of experience defining and implementing governance for public cloud environments.
- Experience in cloud computing, including security, automation, and usage personas (developer, infrastructure architect, etc.) with an emphasis on Amazon Web Services; AWS Certification Preferred. Deep expertise and hands-on experience with AWS IaaS and Infrastructure as Code capabilities
- Design and deployment of global, highly available, large enterprise and commercial scale cloud infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of cloud and physical/virtual infrastructure concepts, technologies and patterns.
- Expert in Enterprise Architecture Governance, and Process Engineering, experience in federated Governance models.
- Experience promoting collaboration across multiple agile teams, and can advise on appropriate organization (e.g. Tribe, Chapter, Guilds).
- Experience guiding application architects and software engineers in application design, utilization of frameworks, application performance monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to work on and provide technology leadership to development and infrastructure teams
- Agile/Scrum methodology
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.